Materials you will need:
- Shepherd’s hook
- Screw in eye hook
- Nylon rope
- Cabbage (or treat of your choice)
- Place shepherds hook in chicken run at desired location
- Screw the eye hook into the root end of the cabbage (Tip: Remember righty tighty lefty loosey)
- Tie rope through the eye hook
- Measure the rope from your desired height to the ground (make sure your bantams can reach it) and cut it
- Tie a knot and there you have it!
The chickens may be afraid of it for a moment but it helps to peel off some of the cabbage and hand it to them so that they can see that it’s edible.